Te Ao Marama (Māori Disability Advisory Group)
09 Feb 2018
Tāwhiti rawa atu to tātou haerenga te kore haere tonu, maha rawa atu o tātou mahi te kore mahi tonu.
We have come too far not to go further, we have done too much not to do more.
This is an opportunity for up to three people to join Te Ao Mārama, who:
- have a good understanding of and connections to Te Ao Māori (the Māori world)
- are excited and passionate about improving the disability support system so that it is more responsive to the needs of tāngata whaikaha Māori and their whānau
- have the ability to translate their experience of living with a disability, or as a caregiver or parent of a tāngata whaikaha Māori, into possible service improvements and future actions
- are available and willing to provide timely and useful advice to Disability Support Services on the service gaps for tāngata whaikaha Māori
- have governance and/or monitoring experience.
To balance the skills and experience of Te Ao Mārama, we welcome applicants who:
- are blind or have a visual impairment
- are Deaf or have a hearing impairment
- are autistic or a parent or caregiver of a person who has autism
- have an intellectual disability or are a parent or caregiver of a person with an intellectual disability.
As a member of Te Ao Mārama, you are expected to attend between two and four full day meetings each year in Wellington, and also provide regular, timely advice on issues affecting tāngata whaikaha.
If you have any questions regarding Te Ao Mārama membership or the expression of interest process, please email Jason or phone him on 021 936 864.
Expressions of interest close at 5pm on 16 February 2018.