Access Alliance and Access Matters Campaign
31 Jul 2017
Representatives of the Access Alliance will request members of the public to engage in the conversation and sign the Open Letter, urging politicians to take action now.
Information for participants:
- The aim is to have 8 to 10 participants, who individually represent a variety of the Access Alliance member organisations and the broader disability community.
- On arrival you will have time for introductions and a quick briefing.
- The Alliance will provide pink tee-shirts for you to put on over your clothes. These will be large and bright. They will help identify you and make you stand out in the crowd. Please bear in mind it may be cold and/or wet and come prepared.
- You will be provided with all the equipment you need.
- You will be asked to tell your story - your experience of accessibility barriers in the current New Zealand environment. Please, reflect on this before the event and, if possible, be prepared with one or two real-life stories.
- You will be asked to approach the public and request them to sign the Open letter. This will create a photo opportunity for the media. You will be asked for a brief interview with For Purpose for use later in the campaign. You may then be asked to conduct an interview with media. If you are not comfortable doing so, please let Carole or Kristin know immediately.
- The event will go ahead rain or shine.
- We will retire to an appropriate nearby venue for a warming drink, debrief and thank you, after the event.
- If, for any reason you are delayed or cannot make it on the day, please text Carole or Kristin as soon as possible.
- If you have any questions about the Access Matters campaign or feel you need more information about the campaign before Tuesday, please contact Carole.
For Purpose, a communications and campaign agency, have been retained to assist in setting up the letter, updating communications platforms, and managing media. They will manage Access Alliance photographers and videographers at the event, and gather additional material to be used in the campaign.
For Purpose, Director, Kristin Gillies. Phone: 021 065 8460
Access Alliance, Project Coordinator, Carole French Phone: 027 669 4966